This food walk covering both New Delhi and Old Delhi is the best thing to do for food lovers to do if you have about 6 hours to spare. The participants discover the culinary culture of Old Delhi and New Delhi by tasting delicious food from some of the oldest and best food shops of the city. All of them are family owned business and most of them have stayed in same family for 3 or more generations. In addition to food tasting, the participants can walk through or ride a rickshaw through centuries old bazaars and streets to see numerous offbeat places of the city which ordinary tourists always miss. The food items in this food walk can be modified to suit the dietary requirements of the guests like vegetarian food, allergies and so on.
This food walk takes the participants to 8-10 food joints spread in different parts of New Delhi and Old Delhi and help them sample 18-19 different dishes including one full meal at the end. Special care is taken to ensure that the food dishes included are not too spicy and as safe to eat as they can be. We walk and ride rickshaws in Old Delhi while most of transport in New Delhi is in a car.
MORE INFORMATION :
- Duration of Food Walks: Approx 6 Hours.
- Price: INR 5200 per slot on buying 2 or more slots. One slot for INR 6000
- Number of food places visited : 8-10 food shops in New Delhi and Old Delhi.
- Food type: Vegetarian and non-vegetarian food both. Some food items include dairy products. No alcohol.
- Number of food dishes available: 19-21 dishes.
- Places visited : Connaught Place, Mandi House, and a few other places in New Delhi. Streets and bazaars in Old Delhi including Spice Market (Khari Baoli), Chawari Bazar, Chandni Chowk, Kucha Pati Ram, Kinari Bazar
- Meeting point: Ticket counter near gate 2,3 of Chawari Bazaar Metro station. Or gate number 5 of Jama Masjid.
- Timing: Can be between 9:30 am and 5:00 pm
- Drop off point: Chandni Chowk Metro station or Meena Bazaar parking.
- Pickup and drop : Free pickup and drop from central Delhi. Can be arranged for INR 1500 from outside central Delhi and for INR 1800 from Noida and Gurgaon.
- Inclusions: Unlimited food, non-alcoholic drinks, bottled water, hand wipes, sanitizer, Rickshaw rides. Transport from central Delhi
Ask for this food walk with a much more detailed explanation of cooking techniques, history and visit to some kitchens (depending upon availability). It includes a few extra food items, short session of introduction to spices and lasts 60-90 minutes longer. Book it on Viator or contact us directly.
COST : INR 7500 for a single guest. INR 6500 per guest if you buy two or more slots.
Email email@example.com or fill up the Contact Form.